- Political corruption or civil corruption is expressed through bribery, intimidation, extortion, vote buying, destabilization, or influence peddling.
- Data corruption is the receiving of data which is different from that which was transmitted or otherwise intended. Error checking is usually used to prevent this.
- A corrupted society is a society with low moral values.
- A language or a text can be corrupted into a broken form or a different meaning.
- Parts of a machine can be corrupted, meaning broken.
- Corruption is used, especially poetically, to describe the decomposition of biological matter.