Cleveland IndiansMajor League Baseball team based in Cleveland, Ohio. They are in the Central Division of the American League.
- Founded: 1901 (charter American League member)
- Formerly known as: the Cleveland Naps, when Napoleon Lajoie was the team's star player, from 1903 through 1914. The team cycled through a series of nicknames before and after that, including the Spiders, the Blues and the Bronchos, until becoming the Indians in 1915.
- Home ballpark: Jacobs Field, Cleveland
- Uniform colors: Navy blue and Red
- Logo design: "Chief Wahoo," a smiling Indian caricature.
- Wild Card titles won (0): none
- Division titles won (6): 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001
- League pennants won (5): 1920, 1948, 1954, 1995, 1997
- World Series championships won (2): 1920, 1948
|Table of contents|
2 Players of note
3 External links
Players of note
Baseball Hall of Famers
Not to be forgotten